Monday, September 18, 2006

Hurrah

HurrahA relatively small amount of work, but a big milestone achieved.

A corner turned you could say.

As you can see, I've had a bit of a blitz on the remainder of the rust on the starboard side, down at the waterline and at the remainder of the bow section.

Yuk, that mud - some of which you can see spattered up the hull in the picture.

How long ago did I say I didn't have much left to do?

Now, asides for a tiny section which I could not get back to with the wire brush because of the weather and tides, all that you can see of the hull is a rust free zone - right down to the waterline.

I know I also have a stretch of rust busting to do at the waterline towards the stern, hopefully only a day or so's work. With that done, finally, all the rust will be completely gone from the hull on Lady Jane's starboard side - for now at least.

It's now a case of getting that primer on as quickly as possible, then finishing that first coat of blue paint.

A second coat of blue paint over the whole lot will then complete the job, and I'll be ready to turn Lady Jane around to make a start on her port side.

7 comments:

  1. Fred (WWR)11:45 AM

    That looks beautiful Tim. Keep on keeping on :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim, looking good! You're making great progress - sometimes I wonder if you sleep ;-)

    Cheers,
    A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fred

    Good to hear from you again. Thanks for the encouragement, always welcome.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Andrew

    Thanks - I took a few days off work last week to get this bit done, hence the progress.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fred (WWR)11:39 AM

    Ahoy mate! Iffin ye be forgettin it's the 19th of September. An today's "Talk Like a Pirte Day".
    Avast, swabbin the deck O that great, grand ship, mate. Find yer some grog an enj'y th' Lass' timbers. It be time for swashbucklin an gettin loaded to th' gunnels. Ye deserve it me hearty :).

    http://www.yarr.org.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arrgh, shiver me timbers mate :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete