Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Big tide

Big tideWe've just had the biggest tides of the year, at slightly over five metres.

Lady Jane looks most impressive, towering over the quay on such a big tide. Obvious really, but there you go.

Seeing Lady Jane like this reminds me, again, that I've got to get over the side and finish rust busting on the starboard side while the weather and tides are good.

Once that's done, I can then finish with the blue paint on that side. It would be good to have that all finished, with winter not far off.

Too much to do, and not enough time to do it all.

5 comments:

  1. wow, after reading the blog for so long I kinda forgot about the sheer size of that boat. Until you see a picture like this with the boat towering this high above the quay. Kinda like it's trying to make sure everyone remembers who the big kid on the block is. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:26 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tim is this of any use to you? I found it at www.mby.com For sale forum
    http://www.ybw.com/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/1165047/an/0/page/0#1165047

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rob

    Thanks for that.

    Looks good to me - I've sent him a pm, so we'll see what happens.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi rik

    When rust busting it's a little hard for me to forget just how big she is - I'm always underestimating how long sections will take to do.

    Cheers

    Tim

    ReplyDelete