Friday, July 14, 2006

More white paint

More white paintI've managed to get a couple of coats of white paint on the upper section of the stern.

I must say, I'm very pleased with the result. Lady Jane is starting to look more and more like a 'proper' boat.

I find myself thinking why didn't I just paint her when I first bought her?

The reality is that just slapping paint on is easy, anybody can do that. Getting the paint on in the knowledge the paint job will stand the test of time, and rust, is another matter.

The hard bit, as you know from this blog, has been all the infrastructure setup, the preparation and, probably most important of all, the learning.

Worth it so far? I think so.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:10 AM

    Worth it? Definitely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Above comment is me. (log in problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fred (WWR)3:51 AM

    She is looking beautiful Tim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, she is turning into a real beaut!

    ReplyDelete