Monday, July 10, 2006

Black & white

Black and whiteI've finally got a first coat of Hempel white finishing paint on the starboard side.

I know from elsewhere on Lady Jane that after a second coat, the surfaces will shine so much that visitors will need to wear sunglasses.

The very white paint in the afternoon was in stark contrast to the very black bitumen paint I was applying in the stern accommodation in the morning.

This is not the first time I've painted the starboard side white, though last time I had no idea that the paint I was using was not fit for the purpose. That coupled with no proper primer ensured rust would show through in no time at all.

I also know that there are a few spots where some of the old primer I was using has cracked, and will need re-doing at some point.

For now, though, I'm just happy to have Lady Jane looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment