Monday, June 19, 2006

Stern progress

Stern progressWe have had a spell of good weather, which I've taken maximum advantage of.

Here you can see the results.

In the top picture you can see Fred merrily splashing Rustroy over Lady Jane's stern, in preparation for the primer.

Oddly enough, in this instance the after picture almost makes things look worse than the before picture. I think that's because of a combination of reflections from the water and the lighting showing up the lumps and bumps in the underlying steel.

At this rate, it won't be too long before I turn Lady Jane around and start work on rust busting on the port side.

I'm expecting work on the port side to go much, much, faster than the starboard. Firstly because the steel is in so much better shape but, more importantly, I know what I'm doing now, and have the right tools and equipment to get the job done.

2 comments:

  1. Lots of bumps indeed, butit doesn't really look that bad :)
    The name has dissapeared, though. Are you going to put a Lady Jane plaque up there at somepoint in time, or leave it that way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought long and hard about the original names which were etched on (Judith and Zebrugge).

    I decided to grind these off, but keep the Z431 etched in large letters on the sides.

    I'll have a proper signwriter paint Lady Jane and Southampton back on when she is ready for sea.

    ReplyDelete