Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Stuart

We have been having masses of wind and rain just recently, which inevitably means working down below.

At this stage, working down below means painting with that black bitumen paint. Something that seems to take a lot of motivation to get started with.

Unsurprisingly, it suddenly became pressingly important for me to swing by and visit Stuart, who I have not seen for some eighteen months now. I had also recently found some gear that was borrowed from him that needed returning.

StuartHere you can see Stuart posing in front of a selection of ribs of all shapes and sizes in his yard at First Wave Ribs. The wet patch down his front is on account of the fact that he's just come off the water in what must have been some fairly lumpy seas.

Those of you who know me would have heard me mention Stuart, and some of his adventures. For those of you who don't know, Stuart is easily one of unluckiest people I know.

In a recent misadventure, as you can see in the picture, Stuart lost a few of his teeth. Something about a combination of rough seas and a rib's instrument panel!

Stuart has a heart of gold though, and will go to extraordinary lengths to help people. I first got to know him when he lent me, a complete stranger, one of his rib's to get to and from Lady Jane, out on the river itchen, after I bought her.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really nice guy :)

    ReplyDelete