Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Sterling effort

Sterling effortOne of the first significant new electrical purchases on Lady Jane was an inverter.

An inverter converts battery power, in my case 24V, to mains electric power, again in my case 240V.

In this day and age it's almost impossible to do without some sort of mains electric available on demand, for any number of reasons - for example charging cell phones or running a refrigerator.

Anyhow, not long ago my inverter suddenly stopped working. Despite the warnings on the cover, I opened the thing and tried replacing one of the fuses inside that had blown.

My thinking was that I could not find the receipt and so was unlikely to have much success with any kind of warranty claim.

The upshot of my attempt to repair the inverter was that it still refused to work and I was without mains power.

Thinking I had nothing to loose I looked up Sterling Power Products on the internet and gave them a call for advice on what to do. They cheerfully said I should return my inverter.

I sent the thing in, expecting a big argument about invoices, warranty period, blah, blah.

Imagine my surprise, and delight, when a few days later, completely unexpectedly, a brand new inverter turned up from them. That's what I call service.

Thanks to the folks at Sterling Power.

No comments:

Post a Comment