Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Inside outside

GazeboI bought a gazebo (marquee) to go on the main deck.

To give you an idea of the size, it's 6 metres by 3 metres (18ft * 9ft).

While I'm a little disappointed that it's not as weatherproof as I was expecting, it seems to do the business.

I was expecting to feel sheltered when inside the gazebo, but was unprepared for just how much the simple addition of a gazebo contributed to the 'inside' space on board, even though it's outside.

I found myself sitting there thinking 'this bit of the deck needs sweeping', something I'd not really considered before, as the deck has simply needed hosing down, or cleaning, once in a while.

Now I should be able to work on deck even when it's wet and miserable.

4 comments:

  1. Hey TZ Sorry that we haven't written as we have been out to sea bringing the vessel down to Maine. We miss you and think of you daily We are looking forward to seeing you again this summer. We have lots to talk with you about as soon as we can...by the way , your coach house looks just champion! Love, R&K...and Hector!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks very cozy in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Captain's Rick & Karen.

    Thanks for the comment, It's good to hear from you again.

    Looking forward to seeing you guys again and catching up.

    Say hi to the whole menagerie for me.

    T

    ReplyDelete