Thursday, April 06, 2006

Painting

PaintingThe weather has started to improve, with things getting much warmer over the last few weeks, so it's time to turn my thoughts to continuing painting on Lady Jane.

I have a big stretch prepped up forward to paint, which is waiting on a combination of a dry spell and the absence of the swans, who are spending progressively more time on their nest.

I also have a fair amount to paint at the stern, but this depends on a combination of good weather and the tides. I need the tide in to be able to reach the stern from my floating platform. The picture shows the start I have made on the upper part of the starboard side.

If the weather is good, but the swans and tides do not co-operate, I still have plenty of white paint to go on elsewhere.

Finally, if the weather does not co-operate, I have masses of painting to do down below in the aft accommodation space.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

3 comments:

  1. Hi, I've just found your blog and am looking forward to looking through it some more. We liveaboard our 30'sailboat in Canada. I'm excited to find another liveaboard blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what great progress you are making Tim! Most impressive.

    I had your blog bookmarked but for some reason I must have bookmarked a specific entry vs. the main page. So I didn't think you were updating your blog and were too busy. Silly me.

    So lollybob here found me and I saw they had bookmarked you too! So I have been going back through all your postings to see your progress.

    AIIIEEE!! I have to get Greig to sit down and read your blog as I think he'd find it interesting. He was looking for a Lister by the way.

    Sorry to hear you were passed up by the BBC on that series stuff. Guess there is no hope for us either!!

    I look forward to future posts!
    Tana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tana

    A very warm welcome back.

    It looks like Lollybob has too much time on her hands!

    I love hearing about your progress and was sorry to hear you were having so many problems with your tenants.

    Hopefully the new ones will work out great for you.

    Cheers, Tim.

    ReplyDelete