Thursday, February 09, 2006

Wheelhouse holes


I'm pretty pleased with the progress I'm making in making the wheelhouse more comfortable to stay in.

What is really amazing me is just how much material, in terms of insulation and wood, just this small bit of the boat is consuming. Once I start this process for real in the aft accommodation, which is a much, much bigger space, I fear I'm going to be haemorrhaging money.

Wheelhouse cleanupHere you see Malcolm sweeping up the last of the chunks of rust from the wheelhouse deck. Yup, those are holes through to the outside and to the battery room space.

Just some simple cleaning up serves to remind me just how much work there will be to do when I get around to sorting the place out properly.

For now, the holes will be covered over with plastic sheeting and conveniently forgotten about. I've enough to worry about elsewhere.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

No comments:

Post a Comment