Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Hatch cover


Hatch coverWork has at least started on the manufacture of my new hatch cover.

So far I've got all the steel cut and the edges shaped.

In theory, the next step will simply be to weld the edges, which will hold a rubber seal, in place.

My experience with this sort of thing is that this is unlikely to go according to plan. It's just that I can't see where it could go wrong just yet.

I'll keep you all informed as, with luck, I should get to welding it soon.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

2 comments:

  1. Just out of curiousity, do you have any sort of finish date in mind or are you working it out as you're going along?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dirk

    I have no end date as such as the overall task is just too massive and expensive.

    I do have smaller, more achievable, targets in mind, such as taking Lady Jane out for a spin late in summer of this year.

    To take her out for a spin she has to be looking good, have places for us, the crew, to sleep, and have an anchor.

    She must also be in a safe, seaworthy state. This includes getting the engine, turbo and gearbox serviced.

    Cheers,
    Tim

    ReplyDelete