Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Clear decks


I finally got round to giving the deck a good clean. This is something I should have done a long time ago.

Clear decksHere you see Fred carting the last of the stuff I've been keeping on deck onto the quay side, in preparation for hosing down the deck.

We used the bilge pump, pumping seawater from underneath Lady Jane onto the deck which, along with a stiff broom, has made an incredible difference. The clean wood really shows up well, though I see a big caulking job ahead sometime soon.

Looking at the piles of junk on the quay side I really need to think about throwing some of it away. My problem is though, I just can't bring myself to chuck out things that might be useful later.

The next big cleaning job will most likely be the engine room, which really needs some attention.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

No comments:

Post a Comment