Thursday, December 01, 2005

Something different


Something differentArriving down at Fareham just on high tide, I was greeted with a view of something a little different to the norm across the way from Lady Jane.

Of course, I had to go for a closer look at this Landing craft. Apparently it has been on exercises this week.

Not a spot of rust in sight anywhere!

As it happened, I ran into Dave Hardy from Trafalger Yachts. A friend of mine, from the village I live in, has been on at me for a while to drop in and say hello and I've just never got round to it.

We soon got talking about paint and paint systems, as he is working on restoring a beautiful looking classic wooden boat. Dave is truly a mine of information and well understands my problems, as he apparently also has a steel hulled yacht somewhere in France.

That Dave, who works right opposite Lady Jane, is a friend of someone else in my village is another unreal co-incidence.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

4 comments:

  1. That ship is friggin huge. I don't know why but shipyards/ships in the ocean have always scared the heck out of me.
    nice post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane

    It's the serious looking army guys at the front that worried me.

    Thanks for the comment, I know it's not everybodys ideal type of blog.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep up the good work, I will be back to check on your new updates. Incredible job! I have a blog/website that
    might interest you

    wooden boat repair
    http://www.classicwoody.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks William.

    An interesting site. I'm soon to discover the joys of calking my own deck.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete