Thursday, December 29, 2005

Don't laugh


Don't laughThere it is, the remains of my workbench.

It was a relatively simple, but dirty, job retrieving it from the mud, with the help of a chain block.

I'm not sure wether or not I should be pleased that there no pictures of me in my waders, all covered in mud. The worst bit though was definitely the smell.

That twisted blue metal you can see in the picture was once the frame, with what remains of the scaffold tubing, covered in mud, scattered about.

You can only just make out the broken bits of board, caked in mud, on the platform which itself is now slippery underfoot with that black mud.

I tried washing off the mud using buckets of water, but just made a worse mess of everything, including getting black mud on my new paint. I think a jetwash is going to be the only answer.

They say that pride comes before a fall, and I was once so proud of that workbench. Ah well, the next one will be better.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

2 comments:

  1. Sad to see the workbench go :(

    But on a brighter note: Happy newyear :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi rik.

    Thanks for that. A very happy, and prosperous 2006 to you.

    ReplyDelete