Monday, November 14, 2005

Primed back deck


At last! - I've got a coat of primer on the back deck - a first coat at least, though you can see the stern part has Primed back deckhad a second coat, as it's looking a bit shiny there.

Looking back, this particular project started six months ago. I was expecting something pretty straightforward then.

I had no idea of the ripple effect this project would have:
The last of the welding on the back deck was finally completed during October. Since then I've wire brushed the back deck, again, and have now got that all important first coat of Hempel primer on.

Worth it? I think so.


Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

4 comments:

  1. you've been busy! Damn, but so much so!! The first coat of primer on the back deck looks really good! aah would I love to stand there and look out the sea/ocean!!!! I can only dream of that... hee... hee...

    Hope it gets better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing the job. The primer looks great!

    And thanks for the list of previous post about the back deck, I was just about to go through the archives to look for previous post, just to see what a job it really was, cause I remembered there were a lot of "back deck posts"

    ReplyDelete
  3. rik - I still need to give it another coat, then finally a coating of non skid deck paint.

    Then it will be finished - for now!

    ReplyDelete