Friday, November 04, 2005

New steel


I'm now the proud owner of a new sheet of 4mm steel, and it feels curiously good.

New steelThe thing with my new sheet of steel, unlike the stuff I bought for the bulkhead, is that it's been ordered for no particular purpose, other than unspecified future projects.

Now I know that not everybody is likely to be too excited by this, but to me the possibilities are endless. I suppose it must be a little like a clean piece of paper to a writer, a new canvas to a painter, or even a new program to a developer, in that I get to actually create something from this blank sheet.

On a more practical note, I feel a brand new hatch cover coming on, to replace the rusty old one covering the fish hold at the moment.

Technorati Tags: ; ;

2 comments:

  1. I can understand the sense of wonder and ownership when gazing at that large sheet of steel. There's just something uncanny about the potential that a welding torch plus steel involves.

    This is a very impressive venture you've embarked upon. Good luck with the conversion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks utenzi, I've taken some stick down my local pub for that post.

    I'm glad to see that at least someone else shares my point of view on this.

    Thanks for the luck.

    Tim

    ReplyDelete