Friday, October 07, 2005

Painting preparation


Do you have days where you are busy the whole day, but have nothing much to show for your efforts?

I've had one of those days just recently.

The reality is I spent the day preparing for painting, Painting preparationmostly cleaning up where welding has been done, or cutting and grinding off odd bits of metal that were sticking out all over the place.

The bits that were sticking out are the remains of structures cut off, but not cleaned up, by the previous owners. There are plenty more of these odd 'protrusions' to get rid of. I'm just dealing with the worst, or most dangerous at the moment.

For example, the bottom part of the mast has now been cleaned up, though there is still a little more work to do on this. It was getting late and I was physically too tired to finish off wire brushing the remainder of the bottom of the mast in preparation for painting it.

Hopefully I'll get a break in the miserable weather we have been having recently, so I can get on with some serious painting over the weekend.

Technorati Tags: ; ;

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tim, that state seems to be my every day, then suddenly i get this flash of productiveness.

    easy

    ReplyDelete