Monday, October 24, 2005

Lady Jane Grey


Lady Jane has been a hive of activity this weekend, with most of the focus on getting the wheelhouse block sealed and painted.

Lady Jane GreyHere are Pat and Fred hard at work painting the rear of the wheelhouse. You can see Fred going grey before your very eyes, though it's not age that's doing it to him.

It makes such a difference seeing Lady Jane finally emerging from behind the patchwork of colours and rust which I've become so accustomed to seeing over the last year and a bit.

I often find myself thinking 'why didn't I do this sooner?'. The reality is that I've put a lot of work into providing the infrastructure that now makes the painting possible, and have spent a lot of time learning for myself exactly what needs to be done in the battle against the rust. Remember the footings? Wow, I see I made that entry in February. I'll need to re-visit them and finish them off properly now I know so much more.

I also enjoy the benefit of Fred's steady progress, chipping away at the rust on various parts of Lady Jane in advance of rubbing down, priming and painting. Without this extra motivation, I very much doubt I'd have achieved even half of what we have done in the last few months.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

No comments:

Post a Comment