Monday, October 10, 2005
A backward step
Hmm, I've had to take a bit of a step backwards.
This, that you can see, is a hole I've cut into the roof of the shower room. To do this I've had to take out the shower fitting and all the associated plumbing. This is because all the piping and fittings were plastic and I did not want to risk melting any of it when cutting the hole.
I know I could have put a bucket of water up there when cutting with the oxyacetylene, but better safe than sorry.
There was a vent up there, but it had rusted almost completely away. For now, I'll simply weld a piece of plate over the hole and see how I get on. This will also mean that once the galley vent has been repaired, painting on the back deck can finally start.
If condensation becomes an issue, I can always replace the vent sometime in the future.
I will also weld some much needed new metal in the skirting of the shower room at the same time, as the metal there has rusted away quite badly.
Anyway, the plumbing is not too hard to replace and I can finally plumb in my much needed new sink at the same time.
After re-painting, putting up new shelving and the new mirror, which has been floating around for a while now, work in the shower room will finally be complete - for now.
Technorati Tags: Lady Jane; Boats; Boat; Trawler