Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Another Tonne


I've added another tonne of ballast to Lady Jane.

Another tonneThis is what a tonne's worth looks like, stacked on the quay.

I've now loaded nearly three tonnes of ballast, about the weight of two compact cars, into the depths of Lady Jane's bow, but have still only made about 5 or 6 inches difference in her trim.

It was on my mind to arrange the blocks in an artsy manner for a cool blog photo, but after carting the stuff about the yard I was in no mood to do so.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

2 comments:

  1. wow :)

    Are you planning on leaving that weight in? Or is the weight going to be replaced eventually by some other heavy stuff?
    It just seems like a big waste of fuel and money to haul that weight around when you will be going around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rik,

    Thanks for the comment.

    I've had several people ask about this, I'll explain why I'm adding the ballast in a separate post.

    ReplyDelete