Thursday, September 15, 2005

Workbench in place


The workbench has finally been put to good use.

Workbench in placeHere you see it on the platform alongside Lady Jane. Using the bench like this means I can reach pretty much all of Lady Jane's sides for rust busting and subsequent painting.

I'm not sure how I'll reach the very top bit though, it feels very high when you are up there. The reward for reaching there will be to finally knock off those big flakes of rust you can see in the picture, right at the top there.

I don't know why, but it's immensely satisfying to knock off big flakes of rust. It should be the reverse, I should want to weep at seeing yet another piece of Lady Jane dropping off.

On the subject of rust busting, I'm now not far away from completing the chipping of all of the rust from the starboard side of Lady Jane.

All I have to do is a last, quite big, section at the bow and one final section right at the stern.

Of course I have numerous people to thank for their help at chipping away the rust over the last few months, all of whom have offered more help by the way.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

6 comments:

  1. Nive Blog!
    Keep BLOGging!!
    Visit my blogs Sometime...
    http://prahalathan.blogspot.com/
    http://prahalspics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks prahalathan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fred (WWR)2:56 AM

    Have you ever heard of a Bowson's chair? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new layout; it's easier to read and fits the theme more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fred - I have a climbing harness which I'm planning to use. It is similar to a bosun's chair.

    ReplyDelete