Friday, September 23, 2005

Stern accommodation


Cleaning up in the stern accommodation space is progressing well, Stern accommodationmostly due to Fred's efforts.

I've still not decided what's best to do, to clean off the remaining pitch then prime and paint the hull from the inside, or to simply smother any uncoated metal with pitch as about half of it is already done for me.

Either way, I have to do something or else the rust will set in behind any insulation and paneling I put in.

I must say, I'm tending towards the paint option, simply because it is cleaner and would not smell. I'm also thinking what it might be like if I need to get in there to do some work if everything is covered in filthy black pitch.

Mind you, cleaning out the pitch that's on the metal at the moment is going to be a dirty job.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

No comments:

Post a Comment