Thursday, September 22, 2005

More rust


I know I go on about rust all the time on this blog, but the fact is dealing with rust is a big part of my life right now.

Here though is the last of the 'big' rust on Lady Jane.More rust

Like so much else on board, this is the result of years of neglect.

If I had been thinking about the photo opportunity at the time, I could have saved a much bigger piece.

The rust came from a section in the aft accommodation where one of the outlets to the sea had been leaking at some point. There is evidence of repairs having taken place, but I'll still need to check the pipework carefully to ensure everything is now sound.

As you know, I'm generally interested in boats, the sea and all that good stuff. Here is a web page on some naval traditions which I found fascinating.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

No comments:

Post a Comment