Tuesday, September 13, 2005

More holes


I have a few more holes to deal with. More holesThese are in the forward section of the wheelhouse block and, as far as I know, were for the drive shafts which used to power the big winches on deck.

These holes had previously been plugged with rags after the shafts were removed more than a year ago by the previous owners, but as part of the process of cleaning up the wheelhouse and galley block they will finally be welded shut.

I've started this cleanup as part of a big push on painting Lady Jane. My thinking being that if there is a chance she is going to be on national television, I want her looking as good as possible.

At least I've known about these holes, not like some of the others I've discovered where the metal has been rusted completely through.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

4 comments:

  1. Fred (WWR)2:05 PM

    Great work Tim. It's great to see your progress. I know how you feel about rust and stuff. I've been working on restoring an old Ford Bronco. Not sure what class it fits into for you guys, perhaps lori. Sometimes I'm afraid to look, it's always one thing or another. Way too much money invested :) but it's all in the satisfaction of seeing it come together. Got a cigar?

    We use to have a TV program here called "Mission Impossible", that closed with the stars smoking a cigar and saying "I love it when a plan comes together" :).

    Keep on keeping on!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fred and welcome back.

    It seems like that my cigar is a long, long way away.

    I love the whole project though, it must be said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. isn't "I love it when a plan comes together" said by hannibal in the A-team show?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi rik

    Thanks for your interest, and your comments.

    ReplyDelete