Tuesday, September 13, 2005
I have a few more holes to deal with. These are in the forward section of the wheelhouse block and, as far as I know, were for the drive shafts which used to power the big winches on deck.
These holes had previously been plugged with rags after the shafts were removed more than a year ago by the previous owners, but as part of the process of cleaning up the wheelhouse and galley block they will finally be welded shut.
I've started this cleanup as part of a big push on painting Lady Jane. My thinking being that if there is a chance she is going to be on national television, I want her looking as good as possible.
At least I've known about these holes, not like some of the others I've discovered where the metal has been rusted completely through.
Technorati Tags: Lady Jane; Rust; Painting; Holes