Monday, September 19, 2005

Chipping rust


One of the boats in the marina next door to Lady Jane has a parrot on board, not the one in the picture, that's a picture of a Greek parrot which I took while in Kos last year.

ParrotAnyway, the parrot has quite a repertoire of sounds, some of which can be annoying if you start to listen too closely. Amongst the sounds it can do, it seems particularly good at barking like a dog and wailing like one of the many sirens you hear from the emergency services using the road behind us.

I was sitting on board, after a long day's painting, when I could swear I could hear the distinctive sound of a chipping hammer on the side of Lady Jane. It turns out it was the parrot.

Given that the neighbors have 'asked' me not to chip rust on the weekend, as the chipping hammer is quite noisy, I'm not sure that this latest development is going to go over too well.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

No comments:

Post a Comment