Monday, August 01, 2005

More mess on deck


More mess on deckOnce again my deck is strewn with wood, hacked from the aft accommodation space.

Once all the wood is out and has been taken away I can start of the job of attacking the rusty areas before insulating the hull and starting to fit new paneling.

There are one or two places where the rust is really thick and, given what's happened with my forward starboard fuel tank, I must say I'm a little worried about what I'll find under all that rust. What I will probably do is get some hull thickness readings taken in those spots before going much further, just to be sure.

The pile of wood on deck would have been bigger, but I was so tired that by the end of the day I could hardly hoist a pint of beer to my lips.

Technorati Tags: ; ;

No comments:

Post a Comment