Friday, August 05, 2005

Holes on deck


Holes on deckIf it's supposed to move and doesn't, use WD40. If it's not supposed to move and does, use duct tape. A quote from The Duct Tape Guys which I firmly endorse.

Surprisingly, it seems the guys have written seven books on the subject. It's a guy thing I know, but then where would we be without the stuff?

Here I've used duct tape to temporarily seal the holes I now have on my rear deck. An unfortunate by-product of rust busting sessions in the last few weeks. What happens is I make holes when cleaning away patches of rust which go right through the steel deck.

I reckon if it's good enough for NASA to use when repairing Discovery recently, it's good enough for Lady Jane.

These holes will need repairing before I can start priming and painting the back deck. That, in turn, will mean taking the ceiling panels out from the galley below so we can cut and weld safely. A pity really, as I'd hoped to keep the galley in a pretty good state of repair.

It seems I'm exposing problems faster than Robin can help me get them fixed, as work on repairing the bulkhead is still ongoing.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

6 comments:

  1. you are a very busy fellow eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not so much of the busy, but good at talking about being busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted you to know that I really like the way you write...

    Minerva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the encouragement minerva.

    I debated long and hard before starting this blog. I'm pleased I did though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. just passing by and saying hi! thx for coming to visit me... tk

    maizzy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tim.t's really kind of Deja Vu to read your blog . Don't worry..it'll be worth it..we promise. Rick and Karen www.wanderbirdcruises.com

    ReplyDelete