Thursday, July 21, 2005

Generator move


As part of the bulkhead project, we also had to move both the Generator move110 volt generator and the 24 volt generator to get the drive belts off. This is because they both sit right by the bulkhead and the drive belts for both of them would otherwise have simply been burnt through, with all the cutting and welding going on.

I sat on top of the 110 volt generator for this picture, to give you an idea of the size of the thing. The chains you can see in front of me are part of the big chain block I have on board, to lift heavy gear such as this.

It's going to be 'interesting' getting those back in place and the drive belts tensioned again when the bulkhead is all welded back up.

I'm not sure why I have such a goofy look on my face.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

No comments:

Post a Comment