Monday, June 27, 2005

LJ Anniversary


I've now owned Lady Jane for one year. One year already! The time has just flown by so fast it's unbelievable. Looking at her, 106 LJ Anniversaryit looks like things have not really changed. Things have changed though, and I've learned so much over this last year.

I was reading back through my blog, to remind myself of all that has happened, and find myself thinking of all the good times both Kate and I have had together over this last year.

Getting engaged to Kate has, by far and away, been the best thing I've done recently, and in that respect Lady Jane as 'the other woman' has maybe detracted from the time we get to spend together.

Other particularly memorable, Lady Jane, related moments for me include, but are not limited to:

Barbecuing on deck last summer, when Lady Jane was moored in the middle of the river itchen.

Our first voyage on Lady Jane, round to Fareham.

The exhilaration of skimming over the Solent in our rib for the first time.

Getting the wind powered generator up and working

Finally getting the lifting boom rigged (sorry Karen but it had to be said - it's made my life so much easier)

This blog, and all the positive feedback I've received. Thanks everyone.

It's fair to say that, knowing all I know now, I would probably have never bought Lady Jane in the first place, however having done it, I don't regret it at all. Does that make sense to you? It does to me.

I am very confident of plenty more good times with Lady Jane in the future.

Technorati Tags: ; ; ;

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:56 PM

    I've really enjoyed following your progress. Best to you, Kate, the flatcoats ... and of course, Lady Jane! ... Gina (giori)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:02 PM

    Congrats on a great first year and good luck in the future. I'll keep reading if you keep writing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete