Wednesday, May 18, 2005

The throne


The throneThere it is, in all it's glory. The throne is now plumbed in and fully operational.

My first plumbing job, ever. I've even put a little tap into the pipe on the way to the cistern, just in case. Thanks to Ray from the pub for the advice on Speedfit fittings from John Guest. It made the job so much easier.

This particular project is not complete yet. I still need to grind flush and prime the metal where the old fittings have been cut off, give the place a good clean, slap on a second coat of paint then sort out the floor.

Oh I almost forgot, I still have to get the toilet light working as well.

The toilet flushes out to sea which, while legal in these waters, is not pleasant and will have to be fixed at some point before too long. That will be quite a big plumbing project I fear - Ray, where are you...Ray?

Seems like a lot of work for such a small room!

1 comment:

  1. It might be a small room. But think of how much time you'll spend there.
    And the brilliant ideas that will strike you there.

    ReplyDelete