Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Sides primed


I've got a bit of a priming and painting frenzy on at the moment.

In a few weeks I'll have my parents over to visit, the first time I've seen them in years, so now I'm feeling the pressure to get Lady Jane looking as good as possible before they get to see it. To compound things, Kate's parents are likely to drop by for a visit shortly thereafter, so there is double the need for speed.

Starboard side primed insideHere you see the inside of the starboard side primed and ready for the first coat of paint. Although they are not really that critical, the sides above the deck are the most visible to visitors, and now look the worst on the boat. The big patch of rust you could see on the outside of the boat has now almost completely gone by the way, primed but not painted.

I've chosen to compromise slightly in this phase of priming and painting, in that I'll not work so hard at removing the rust, but simply bash off the worst of it to save time, as I'd rather have Lady Jane looking good for her very important visitors, then spend the time doing the important bits, like the hull, more thoroughly later.

Oh, and I've really got to get that flushing toilet sorted!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like it's coming along. I agree about taking your time on the bigger aspects. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shes looking lovely!

    ReplyDelete