Thursday, May 12, 2005

Chalk and Cheese


I'm very pleased with the effect the first coat of paint has had on Lady Jane. That bit there on the left almost looks good enough Chalk and Cheeseto eat.

If I had not done it myself, and had not taken the pictures for this blog, such a difference would hardly be credible.

While painting I found myself thinking 'why didn't I do this earlier'. The reality is I've pretty much always been busy with one thing or another on Lady Jane, and the learning I've done painting in say the shower room has helped ensure that this particular paint job has gone pretty smoothly so far.

Needless to say, progress has been slower than I would have liked, what can I say it's the marine world. I still have to finish the rest of the starboard side, then give it a second coat - probably another two full days work for me, and I've still got to make a start on the port side.

My folks arrive in a weeks time and it doesn't look like the weather will hold for the weekend, the reality is I'm running out of time.

4 comments:

  1. That looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! that looks great, it looks like you are on your way to creating a very luxurious boat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing project. As a vlogger, my first impulse is to make a video series on it. You're an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete