Monday, May 09, 2005

Bunkering water


I finally got around to filling Lady Jane with fresh water. The picture shows her taking on water through the fresh waterBunkering water filler tube, on the starbord side at the stern of the boat.

I've not filled Lady Jane with fresh water since I bought her in early July last year, and have been getting increasingly worried about running out of water at an inopportune moment.

I don't generally use a lot of water on board Lady Jane, though that will probably change once I've finished with the flushing toilet, it's buckets of seawater at the moment, and the shower room. Ultimately I plan to install a watermaker, helping to make Lady Jane even more self sufficient.

According to the figures I have, Lady Jane's fresh water tank is capable of carrying 3000 litres (800 US gallons, 650 UK gallons) of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment