Saturday, April 30, 2005

Rust busting


Rusty hullOk, so I know it's not a glamorous picture, but I thought I'd post a picture showing the state of the rust on Lady Jane's hull from close up. This patch is a particulary hard patch of rust.

Click on the picture for a larger image. You can click here to get an even bigger picture if you really want to.

I'm used to cruising through a good stretch in an afternoon but, for some reason, just this small section took me hours to chip away the rust.

You can also see my air and chipping hammers, two of the tools I've found most useful for "rust busting".

There is no two ways about it, this is a slow and tedious task, but I find I don't really mind it as it gives me plenty of time to think, and dream...

Once the hull is painted, Lady Jane will look like a million bucks.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:39 AM

    Hey Tim, just updated on your progress. Every little bit counts :), so the say. I was out of action for a while after cardiac buypass surgery and missed reading your blog.

    Fred (wwr)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fred, welcome back and thanks for the encouragement.

    I hope all went well with your surgery.

    ReplyDelete